CRUISER MEETING MINUTES

General Meeting of the Timberline Cruisers Snowmobile Club                                                                                     

Pre-Season Discussion Minutes

September 20, 2020

Things on the go:

  1. Exciting that we now have a sister club Timberline Cruisers ATV Club– 60ish members so far.
  2. BCSF Membership drive has started. Early bird prizes from BCSF.
  3. Emailed Letters to Rec Site and Minister Donaldson regarding the importance of the KVR to the Cruisers. ATVBC has taken the lead on this.A meeting this Wednesday, Sept 23 10am for a site visit with RDOS Justin Shuttleworth (RDOS) of the KVR starting at White Sands (re-decking assessment of 2 trestles) then a visit to the trestle removal site. Cruiser members Greg, Tom and Bill attended to represent our club.
  4. Kiosk maps will be delivered for October 10 – 2 8X4 signs to be located on Lodestone mountain at the mine and on Rabbit mountain at Lawless and Ridell creek. A small sign will be located on the Tulameen Trading Post. Design was donated by Sam McEwen Designs
  5. Cruisers Map Brochures are in the works and will include the map, pilot project of Tulameen ORV travel, sponsors, Club information, safe travel and introduce the our sister club Timberline Cruisers ATV
  6. COVID – Awaiting word from Rec Sites regarding COVID protocol and signage for warming trailers.
  7. Lodestone trailer – Equity Painters is assisting in painting the trailer. It will be moved to a new location 17kms on Lodestone Mountain for better access.
  8. Groomers – Greg will be working on preparing the large groomer for the season. Repair and maintenance are required.
  9. Storage container on Ridell Creek landing is awaiting notification if this can be done from Crown.
  10. Fundraising – Sadly we are limited on our FUNraisers this year due to COVID .There is no dance this year. Will watch COVID protocols to see if a poker run is feasible.
    1. Firewood Sales will remain – Oct 3 from cutting and splitting, Oct 10 & Nov 7 for sale dates
    2. T-shirts – T-shirt and Sweatshirt sales are being looked into.
  11. Trail Maintenance – Will send out a request for those who enjoy local trails to help with removing fallen tree, overgrown brush and large rocks. 
  12. AGM – Will host in November – may have to be just the Executive as we await COVID Protocols

 

 

 

Club Social Update on December 29, 2019 @ Rabbit Mountain

Approximately 80 sledders attended a fun afternoon at the Rabbit Trailer for a visit, hot dog, playing in the cut blocks and club update. Thank you Rooster and Tracey for grooming the Rabbit Trail for a nice ride to the Trailer.

Update review:

Current membership is 155 active members. Membership is important for various reasons-it supports our local club in operating costs and maintaining 2 groomers, providing warming trailers on 2 mountains, club events. Membership supports the BCSF who is our snowmobiling voice at the Provincial and Federal levels. Help protect our riding areas by joining our club. 

Trails - Thanks to those who spend time on the trails, clearing debris and grooming.  New directional signs are going up on Lodestone this month. Watch for deactivation on the Riddel Creek FSR and a few FSR's closer to Tulameen. Our club is working with BC Rec Sites and BC Timbers to correct these in the spring. Note that in 2020 there will be active logging in the Champion Creek area which will result in deactivation when they are done. Again our club is working with them to determine the extent of the deactivation.

Future endeavors - Our club is looking into the development of a grooming shed for maintenance, parking lot and dressing trailer on the Riddel Creek - Lawless FSR. This requires an agreement with government but we are hopeful. We are also looking into the cost to replace a groomer in 2020-2021.

Upcoming Event - Poker Run January 25, 2020 - route to be determined - dependent on snow. Volunteers are needed to support pre-work trail prep, firewood for the stops, prize draws, and on the event day with stop volunteers, bbq operators. If you are able to help please email timberlinecruisers@gmail.com.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Timberline Cruisers Snowmobile Club

General Meeting – Tuesday December 3, 2019 @ Trading Post

 

Present: Bob Reichert, Monika Vegara, Greg Devereaux, Tom & Sue Steele, Chris Lytle, Leah Ward, Mike Vanderguilk, Bill Reichert, Dylan McEwen, Gary Dobie, Carol Soderstrom, Nadine McEwen (Skped in)

 

 Meeting Began at 7:08pm

  1. Approved meeting agenda
  2. Additions to Agenda - None
  3. Chair Report – (Nadine)
  • Thank you to our club volunteers/members for ongoing help & support
  • Big thank you to Caitlin & Danielle for all their efforts on a successful dance
  1. Princeton Search & Rescue – Looking for a local rep to work with them on searches in our area. If anyone is interested in volunteering contact Nadine to discuss.
  2. Summit seekers - Looking for help grooming on their end, Mike V will ask around Princeton & see if anyone is interested.
  3. Financial Report - $60,766.02 In the bank

               Long weekend fundraising was very successful!

               Wood sales: $6,790.00                                    Silent auction: $2,592.00

               Booze basket: $690.00                                    Door & drink tickets: $5,247.00

               Dance tickets sold: $2,940.00                     Membership: $3,043.00

               Sponsorship: $4,500.00

               TOTAL = $15,105.20 (after expenses)

  1. Membership – Approx 140-150 active members (including companies)
  2. Kiosk’s – On hold until the Spring. Leah has spoken with PSS and they have  expressed interest in helping with the building of kiosks.
  3. Trails – Thank you to Bill for the ongoing help working with reps regarding the deactivations on Riddell FSR and closer to Tulameen.
  • Thoughts are it is too late to properly fix this year
  • Will flag off for riders to be warned along with signage, emails & social media notices.
  •  
  1. Trailers – Thank you Bob for the delivery & everyone who spent time helpingstock the trailers for upcoming season!
  • Loadstone trailer is in need of a BBQ propane tank, which can be taken up in the groomer.
  • Loadstone is not insulated & is a project for next summer
  • Spray the ceiling at rabbit next summer
  1. Groomer’s – Both are good to go!
  • 4 heated mirrors have been ordered for groomers.
  • Nadine has log books for both
  • If work is needed/being done please record your time & let Nadine know. 
  • Will be leaving little groomer @ loadstone mine, contact Kyle when needed to get in & out.
  • Bob has a fuel tank we can use & leave with the groomer
  • We have ¾ full tank of fuel currently
  • Bill will take care of grooming schedule for Loadstone & Greg will take care of grooming schedule for Rabbit
  • Sell the small drag in the summer & replace

Misc. Business….

-Structure for groomer shelter is proposed possibly on Jim’s land or crown land.

  • Roof & 2 containers is approx. $15,000 w/ generator. Delivery is additional

    $3,500

  • Chris will report back to the club with additional information, cost’s & idea’s than we will discuss & take it to membership to vote.

-Club event Sunday Dec 29, 2019 at Rabbit Mountain trailer, will give members a brief club update

-Poker Run Saturday January 25, 2020 – More info to come

Motion to adjourn at 8:02pm